jueves, 18 de junio de 2009

Sound Volume keys in IceWM (tested with Latitude D620)

Some days ago I took sometime and I installed Antix 8, not everything is according with the features I was waiting for, but It is OK.

One thing It was missing was the configuration for the Sound Volume keys, so this is what I did for enabling the keys on my Laptop.

Go to the Antix Control Center, click on Edit IceWM settings, click on keys tab and append the following to the file:

key "XF86AudioLowerVolume" amixer -q set Master playback 5-

key "XF86AudioRaiseVolume" amixer -q set Master playback 5+

key "XF86AudioMute" amixer sset Master toggle

Then save the file.

Now click on the statup tab and append the following lines:

xmodmap -e 'keycode 176 = XF86AudioRaiseVolume'

xmodmap -e 'keycode 174 = XF86AudioLowerVolume'

xmodmap -e 'keycode 160 = XF86AudioMute'

Then save the file.

Close the session and It's done!.

No hay comentarios.: